Comment on page
The leaders of the Mean DAO Community
Ambassadors are the voice of the community. They are Mean DAO leaders helping with the activation, growth, and retention of community members. Ambassadors are organized in the Ambassador Club (AC) where decisions are made about how to best manage the Mean DAO community collectively.
Anyone can be voted into the Ambassador Club, therefore becoming an Ambassador for Mean DAO. Generally speaking, ambassadors in the program should be voted on the basis of the Merit and Reputation system where their Level and Skill roles have significant influence.
At any moment in time, the total number of ambassadors should be between 12 and 25. The correct one is 100% dependent on the decisions of the current ambassadors.
Some rules that must be applied when voting for a new ambassador:
- 1.The person must want to be an ambassador and understand the rules of engagement laid out for ambassadors (this doc)
- 2.When adding a person to the Ambassador Club, the club must maintain a balanced distribution for the members across time zones, languages, and countries.
- 3.To be elected, a simple majority vote (50% +1) must be passed by the current members of the club.
- 4.Voting power for Ambassadors will be tied to their Level. This means Level 3 has 3 votes and Level 21 has 21 votes.
- 5.A proposal can happen at any time, but voting must be held at most once a week. This allows candidates to understand the rules, and all other ambassadors to evaluate the prospective candidate prior to casting their vote.
There are many benefits to being a Mean DAO Ambassador which can be grouped into 3 categories. Reputation, Leadership, and Financial.
- 1.Council Member: The Ambassador Club is the defacto Community Management Council of the Mean DAO, and you will be part of that select group of individuals.
- 2.Community Leader: You'll be a voice of reason and guidance that a lot of DAO members will look up to. Your leadership to them and the overall community will grow every day.
- 3.Bridge Builder: Collaborating across Guilds, Specialities, Skills, Levels, Projects, and Bounties while being an Ambassador means you have an incredible power to make decisions that meaningful impact the lives of millions of people.
- 1.A DAO Expert: You are going to be leading many DAO members through specific bounties, projects, and tasks that will make you an expert on all things DAO, which is the future of working and organizations around the world.
- 2.A DeFi Expert: Working with one of the most exciting DeFi projects across all of crypto means you'll be exposed to new protocols, partnerships, tooling, smart contracts, and DeFi principles at an incredible speed. You are going to become a subject matter expert in all things DeFi.
- 3.A Crypto Insider: You'll have direct access to the core team building the Mean Protocol and MeanFi, along with early access to product builds, decisions, and roadmaps for delivery. You'll have a deep understanding of the vast net of connections that make crypto happen every day.
- 1.Guild Leadership Bonus: Only Ambassadors can run for President/Vice-President for any of the guilds. Ambassadors acting as President or Vice-President of any of the guilds receive 2.5% of the guilds payouts upon a successful Key Result. See Guilds for more details.
- 2.Guild's Revenue Sharing: When a payout takes place on any guild, 15% of that payout is distributed equally across the Ambassadors in the Ambassador Club at the moment of the payout, whether the Ambassador participated or not in said KPI Key Result.
In addition to these exclusive financial benefits only Ambassadors can get, you can participate in all contests, bounties, and projects from any guild and earn from their payouts and rewards. The exception where you cannot participate in payouts from guilds is when you are the President or Vice-President of one of them.
Ambassadors also enjoy rewards from all other guilds when they hit a KPI target. When a payout takes place by any guild, 15% of the payout is distributed equally across the Ambassadors in the Ambassador Club at the moment of the payout.
This guild revenue sharing split further incentivizes Ambassadors to help across guilds and hit at many KPI targets as possible, therefore guaranteeing healthy growth.
Being an Ambassador comes with great benefits and great power; and like uncle Ben once famously said: With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility.
Ambassadors receive leadership, reputation, and financial benefits from their membership status, with three (3) dedicated revenue streams that incentivize each of us to help across guilds and hit at many KPI targets as possible.
If you are ready to join the Ambassador Club, head over to Discord and make sure you stand apart from the crowd so you get noticed by the current Ambassadors. If you are doing well, they will reach out and vote you in when they feel you are ready.