Description of the Mean DAO Community Roles and Leveling System.
The Mean DAO community is managed on Discord through the Moderators, Ambassadors, and Staff roles.
There are three types of roles you can earn as a member:
Earning roles and level-ups is an important process in becoming Mean. It helps the community identify the power players and contributors that make the community great every day.
Community incentives are distributed according to many parameters, like assets, holdings, protocol transactions, and community engagement. When community engagement incentives are distributed, higher levels and members with lots of roles receive a larger portion of the community distributions relative to each other.
Every new member starts with the Mean Ape role, which is given to users when they verify their accounts on the Mean DAO Discord. All other roles have to be earned by doing qualified work for the DAO.
For a detailed diagram of the user onboarding, check:
These are weighted and some are worth more than others. They are earned based on the importance of the contribution, and the length a member has been contributing. Think about them as seniority positions in a company, or the military, or grades in school.
- 1.Leveling Roles are incremental, such that you can have only ONE of them at any time.
- 2.Higher roles have a higher benefit level than lower roles and therefore receive a bigger allocation when incentives are distributed.
- 3.Contributions to other communities are not transferrable or matched on ours. Everybody starts at Level 0 as a Mean Ape and has to grow from there.
- 4.No skips allowed. To earn a higher-level role, you have to have earned the previous level.
- 5.Leveling Roles are not forever. Just like someone is promoted, they can be demoted to a lower level.
- 1.Members can be demoted if they stop contributing for an extended period of time or violate the rules of the community.
- 2.Demotions must be approved by a majority vote from the Mods and Staff groups combined.
- 7.Staff cannot assign Leveling Roles to themselves and are not eligible to receive community benefits for any kind of role-based earnings.
The Level # on each role represents the relative value between the roles, such that Levels 2s are twice as important in their contributions as Level 1s, and Levels 5s are more than twice as important in their contributions as Level 2s.
Mean DAO Community Levels
Skill Roles are based on the skilled contribution of members to the DAO. They have equal weight and are based on the specific kinds of contributions you make based on your area of expertise. They are:
From time to time Mods may decide to track certain activities, such as attendance to Community Stage AMAs, etc., for which they may create specific "tagging" roles like "AMA Regular" or "Partner-Rep". These are flexible and you can see them come and go as the Mods manage the server.
A special tagging role we have on the server is the "Mean & Wise" role, reserved for leaders and members with significant contributions to the ecosystem as a whole, irrespective of their contribution level with the Mean DAO.
Roles are given by Mods or Staff to members of the Mean DAO Discord Server that have made meaningful contributions to the project and maintained an active community engagement.
Once a role is earned, the recipient will be publicly recognized in appreciation for contributions. In addition to the incentivized benefits of earning roles. We may, from time to time, grant additional rewards like NFTs upon granting a role or level to a community member.
Here's are a few examples of how you can earn these roles:
- 1.By giving quality product feedback in the #product-feedback channel
- 2.By proposing valuable strategic plans aligned with our core values and roadmap in the #strategy channel
- 3.By participating in contests, competitions, and community games organized by the mods. These can take many shapes and forms, like re-tweet or referral campaigns, meme contests, etc., and will be posted regularly in Discord.
NOTE: Earning a Leveling Role is not a 1-way street. You can also get demoted for bad behavior. Read the details on the Leveling Roles rules section. In other words 👉 If you are not adding up, you are taking away.